The Culinary Arts program provides students with the training and experience needed to be in a rewarding career in the ever growing food service industry. Students learn knife skills, equipment use, cooking and baking methods, techniques and terminology, customer service in the dining room and retail bakery operations.
Related theory classes stress the importance of safe food handling and sanitation and provide the opportunity to attain nationally recognized Serv-Safe and Pro-Start Certifications.
The comprehensive curriculum is supported and enhanced by hands-on practice in our state-of-the-art kitchen and student-run East Side Room restaurant and bakery open to the public. Students graduating from the Culinary Arts Program are prepared for entry-level positions in the field and to continue their training at the postsecondary level.
● Cook alongside professional chefs preparing delicious appetizers, soups, salads,
entrées and desserts
● Create culinary masterpieces with fresh ingredients in a professionally equipped
● Operate a fast-paced, full service restaurant and bakery providing a unique dining
Prepared for professional culinary programs, immediate employment and further education
ENTRY LEVEL POSITIONS
High School Diploma from Keefe Tech
Line/Prep/Short Order cook
Heath Care Food service
Dairy/Deli/ in-store Bakery
Associates Degree (2-year), Certificate Program, Licensing or Adult Education
Sales and Distribution
Food Truck Owner/Operator
Bachelors Degree (4-year) and Graduates or Doctoral Degree for some
Cook Book Author
- Culinary Department Contact Information
- Articulation Agreements and College Credit
- Culinary Frameworks