Thank you to all the prospective students and families that joined us for our Career Night Open House last November. We are very happy that we were able to provide an evening for students and their parents/guardian to explore Keefe Tech as a high school option.
Career Night 2018 High School Experience Session Presentation
Career Night is a yearly event that occurs in the late fall for prospective students and families. This is our largest open house style event that we offer for interested students to explore our programs and campus. The 2019 date is earlier than in year's past and will follow our 8th grade showcase days on Thursday, November 21, 2019.
Prospective Students and Families - Save the Date for our Career Night Open House - Thursday, November 21, 2019 from 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Interested students and their families are invited to explore our Career and Technical Programs, Academic Departments and all other aspects of our school community during this evening event.
- Families should enter through the Fountain Street entrance of the building (closest to the Loring Arena and the Framingham bus yard).
- There will be a large registration area outside of the cafeteria for students and families to check-in.
- At check-in, prospective students will be asked to fill out a student information card so that we can stay in touch and provide updates about our programs and application process.
- Students and families will receive a map of our school, career and tech guide, an admissions timeline, as well as information regarding applying to Keefe Tech. Times of presentations about the Keefe Tech high school experience, as well as Special Education services will be included on the map of the school to help families plan their evening.
Schedule of Events:
- This is an open style format. We encourage prospective students and families to attend at whatever time works best you.
- High School Experience Presentations will be held in the Auditorium at 6:00 PM and 6:45 PM. This 15-minute presentation will include a welcome from our Principal, information about the academic experience we offer, overview of the benefits of career and technical education, and detailed information about the application process and admissions timeline of events for accepted students.
- Special Education Presentations will be held in Room 223 at 6:20 PM and 7:25 PM. Information will be presented to families surrounding special education services, as well as the transition process for accepted students who are currently receiving special education services at their middle school.
What to expect during this event:
- Demonstrations will be held throughout the evening in our Career and Technical Programs lead by Student Ambassadors and faculty. The event is structured in an open house format so that students and families can enter Career and Technical Programs at anytime throughout the evening.
- Our school cafeteria will be set up with informational tables with faculty members representing all aspects of our school. This includes:
- Opportunity to ask a current Keefe Tech Parent questions about the school and their experience
- Lots of interaction with current Keefe Tech students, faculty and administrators
- Presentations surrounding the unique and exciting experience we offer, including information on the application process
- Opportunity to have your questions answered!
Students will have the opportunity to use our online application and apply to Keefe Tech that night!
After you visit programs you are interested and get all of your questions answered, you will be able to fill out an application before you leave! Our priority application deadline is January 15, 2018. Students who apply by this date will be interviewed prior to February vacation and an admissions decision will be mailed home on March 1.
Make the most of your Career Night Experience!
- This is an open house between 5:30PM and 8:00PM so come at a time that is most convenient for you.
- Have a plan about what Career and Technical Programs you are interested in visiting. 8th graders who attended one of our showcase days in November should think about what they enjoyed. You can also check out Career and Tech Program information on our website.