2022-2023 School Year
January Parent / Teacher Conferences - Sign Up Information
Click here to register to conferences - online scheduler opens January 6th at 9am
Notice of Upcoming Tiered Focus Monitoring Review:
During the week of April 3, 2023, the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Office of Public School Monitoring (PSM) will conduct a Tiered Focused Monitoring Review of South Middlesex Regional Vocational Technical school. The Office of Public School Monitoring reviews each district and charter school every three years to monitor compliance with federal and state special education and civil rights regulations. Areas of review related to special education include student assessments, determination of eligibility, the Individualized Education Program (IEP), Team process, and IEP development and implementation. Areas of review related to civil rights include bullying, student discipline, physical restraint, and equal access to school programs for all students.
Parent outreach is an important part of the review process. Prior to the review, the chairperson from the Office of Public School Monitoring will send an online survey to all parents of students with disabilities receiving services. The survey focuses on key areas of their child’s special education program. Survey results will contribute to the activities of the onsite review and the development of the final report.
The chairperson will also conduct a Parent Orientation meeting to explain the review process and provide parents with an opportunity to ask questions. The Parent Orientation meeting will take place on January 26, 2023, in room 215, beginning at 5:00 PM.
During the onsite review, the Office of Public School Monitoring will interview the chairperson(s) of the district’s Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC). Other onsite activities may include interviews of district staff and administrators, reviews of student records, and onsite observations. After the conclusion of the review, the public will be able to access the report at http://www.doe.mass.edu/psm/
Parents and other individuals may call Talia Buonopane, Public School Monitoring Chairperson, at (781) 338- 3763 to request additional information, or contact Michael Dolan, the district coordinator, at (508) 416-2273.
Back to school information:
- Please return signed course verification and health forms prior to the start of the 22-23 school year.
- Grade 9 Step-Up Day is Thursday, August 25, 2022 from 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM. Transportation will be provided. Grade 9 students will receive their schedules at this event.
- First day for all students is Monday, August 29, 2022:
- Grade 9 students will report to the auditorium and be dismissed from there by their first period class
- Grade 10, 11 and 12 students will report to their Career and Tech Program to pick up their schedules
- First day of school is an A1 day - after getting schedules, all grade 11 students will report to their first period academic class
- The Back to School Mailing Documents will be posted here.
- Bus routes for the 2022-23 school year will be updated here.
- Stay up to date with the Bronco Bulletin, our bi-weekly newsletter!
- Please check our Health Service page for updates